Running scared: PM Gillard can’t face the music
Bolt ponders whether she was trying to avoid former PM (she knifed him) and possible usurper Kevin Rudd grabbing the limelight (again).
Personally, I wonder whether she was avoiding a no-confidence motion that, if successful, could end her government.
Reasons for a no-confidence motion:
- introducing a carbon (dioxide) tax she promised she wouldn’t
- elements within her office inciting a mini race riot based on false rumours
- breaking her pokies reform deal with Independent Andrew Wilkie
- breaking her Tasmanian logging deal with the Greens
- promoting Peter Slipper, a man due to be dumped by his former party because of so many question marks hanging over him, to the Speaker’s chair
- being a ranga
*Corrected from “hours”; it’s typically an hour and a half