Oh dear

I believe the word is, “bye.”

The final report by Ian Temby, QC, and the accountant Dennis Robertson, which has been obtained by the Herald, paints a disturbing picture of the HSUeast branch. More than $20 million in questionable payments was paid to suppliers to the union without any form of tendering or contract.

More than $5 million went directly to companies operated by Mr Williamson and his wife, Julieanne, while $1.5 million of union funds was spent buying and renovating a warehouse, which was then used by his son Christopher, also an employee of the union.

What a bunch of crooks. Craig Thomson, you dodgy bastard.



*Carps, just for interest’s sake, where would one look should one want to look?
Got cash?
“Viewing archived property information files

To view archived property information files, please contact Yarra Building Services on 9205 5095.

The cost for viewing archived files are:

$78 for residents
$130 for commercial

Please note that there is an additional fee for photocopies of plans.”


    • paulparker
    • July 24th, 2012

    Where exists ongoing cover-up of such misuse, the attention needs shift from educational towards criminal.

    The shift in attitude to criminal is essential upon actions or in-actions which discourage reporting of such possible misuse.

    Concern needs be less alleged misuse of the funds, than failure to correct them earlier.

    Failure to fully and properly consider possible misuse is main problem.

    Failing to do things appropriately occasionally is a common human failing.

    Embarrassment, prestige damage, is difficult for us all to face at times.

    Is covering of embarrassment, prestige damage, where focus changes from educational to criminal.

    Communal error is failure to ensure we all identify and correct with education our human errors, this causes them to grew into gross systemic failures and criminal activity.

    • J.M. Heinrichs
    • July 25th, 2012

    Depends on what you wish to see. I would suggest here:
    … for starters.


    • Carpe Jugulum
    • July 26th, 2012

    If the work was a refurb or alterations over $5K it would require a building permit. So a search for permit applications/approvals would be a starting point.

    Also if the work involved anything out the front (skip bins, footpath work) it would require a council permit so a search through permit approvals through the local council is another starting point.

      • Carpe Jugulum
      • July 26th, 2012

      Forgot to add, if a new driveway was done it would need a ‘cross-over’ permit, again this is through the council but is a separate item.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Surely you're thinking something...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: