Five reasons why the Governor General should sack the PM
If Labor’s Caucus won’t act, then it’s up to Governor General Quentin Bryce to do so.
- Above all else, she is there to protect democracy – and the population’s faith therein – in Australia
- To salvage what can be – the flag floating in the seas? – from the ALP shipwreck (yes, it would mean a double-dissolution, a lost election, yet would also present the opportunity to break away from the cancerous Greens and rebuild, and Labor can’t rebuild fast enough)
- To give her son-in-law, workplace relations minister Bill Shorten, some hope of maintaining any integrity, and thus meaningful future employment
- To protect her beloved union movement as some other unionists are valiantly trying to do
- To protect her own reputation and legacy